TUITION* Advanced acting classes for those committed to studying the art and maximising their talent and potential.
* Study the craft of acting, including healthy and effective voice use, improvisation, movement, analysis of texts and audition technique.
* Improve your team working skills, confidence and understanding of different acting styles.
* Conquer the challenge of fusing technique with authenticity, instinct, imagination and emotion through regular group or individual sessions.
* Weekly classes for ages 16 upwards.
* A new starts class to introduce beginers to the processes and basic techniques.
* Private tutorials are also available.
Our Group Auditions are on Sunday 10th July.
This is another opportunity to join the academy and develop your talents. Anyone wishing to join the regular weekly classes at the Academy must attend an audition.
Auditions will last around 30 minutes and will consist of a warm up exercise, an improvisation and text work. Please click the link if you would like to audition, and fill out the auditions form. LINK
For more information on joining our academy, please go to News & Events.
PATRON- Mark Benton
Mark Benton was pleased to become our patron after working along side one of our students in the BBC TV series 'Land Girls'. Mark trained as an actor at RADA and has starred in many films, TV and theatre productions including 'Comedians' at the Lyric Hammersmith and ‘The Railway Children’ at Waterloo station, London. He stared in 'Waterloo Road' as the teacher Chalky, and is currently starring in ‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’, touring the UK. We are all very excited and sure that all our students will see Mark as a great role model!
Derby Academy of Acting has a pool of talent available for professional work. We are happy to submit CVs and photos to Casting Directors and TV, Film and theatre companies, who are also invited to attend classes and showings. We take pride in the professional attitude and enthusiasm of our actors and we have experienced, registered chaperones to work alongside them.For a client list, please contact Wendy Allen, General Manager. Tel: 01332 875947 or 07779 467124. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes are also held for members and non-members of our academy who wish to prepare for LAMDA external examinations and for their Arts Award Bronze, Silver & Gold levels. These can be held in private tutorials or in group sessions.
Tel: 01332 875947 or 07779 467124